KristinaGummyBear

Icons
Margaret Stohl
Altered
Jennifer Rush
Creeps - Darren Hynes There aren't many books that leave me reading until midnight, but this one did. Wow! Full review to come

My Thoughts

Opening this book is like pulling down the lever on a roller coaster. Once you're in, you can't get out until it's over. You go through all of the emotional ups and downs with the main character Wayne, and you build a connection to him.

THAT ENDING. As the story was coming to a close (about 30 pages left), I thought everything had calmed down and the story was about to die down. All the pieces I thought I had put together had changed! It was very climatic right until the end!

This book had many aspects that reminded me of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but I found this one to be better written. In Perks, it is all written though journal entries, and I am not a fan of that. I like to be able to know all of the back story, and not have a biased view of what is going on. With Creeps, it is mostly told in third person narrative, but there are little entries from Wayne that are letter he writes to other characters in the book. I found these enjoyable because you got to know Wayne's perspective of what is going on, and how he felt towards the characters he was writing to.

Overall: I really enjoyed this book, found it funny but taught a good lesson. I cannot wait for everyone to get their hands on a copy when it comes out in August!